Thursday, July 26, 2007

Still stalled

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post tonight, but what the heck. My notion of this trip included nightly blog updates in the back of 3DL170. Tonight, I'm waiting to go to Tim Jayne's shop, another mechanic in the area, and the one who installed my carb bowl a couple years ago. Frawley has ruled out nearly anything else besides the carbeurator, so tomorrow Tim has agreed to swap out the jets as well as a checkvalve beneath the accelerator pump in the carb. Beyond that, the issue is a mystery. Unless these experiments miraculously solve the problem, 3DL170 returns home to Virginia tomorrow.

I wondered where to stay tonight near Tim's shop (West Chester, PA). With my state of mind and tiredness level, I resigned myself to not be a cheapskate and went to the Holiday Inn Express. I don't care what it costs, I just want a good night sleep. Well....the AAA discount rate is over $140 (plus tax), and those that know me know I'm too much of a cheapskate to do that. So now I'm in the back of 3DL170 typing away in a campground. Tent is all set up, and I'll sleep soon.

Meanwhile, in the likely event that 3DL170 goes home, Jennifer has implored me that the trip is *not* off. In fact, she's considering taking an extra week off from work to drive out with me and Carter in the minivan. Wouldn't that be a fitting thing I'll be teased about for the foreseeable future.....:-O

I'm not sure if there will be any future updates to this blog if I don't get going in 3DL170, but we'll see.

1 comment:

Bill V. said...

Matt,

I'm sure Tim will sort it out. Have you revised your route to allow for your late start? What did you cut out?